Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Off by 6 days

In early October I wrote: "Most likely he [Trump] will claim it's voter fraud and that the election is being stolen from him. My fear is he will call on his army of right wing militias to come to defend what he thinks is his rightful victory. And as we saw in Michigan, there were be those prepared to heed the call; and they will descend, armed and angry on Washington D.C. to defend Trump in the White House."

On October 31st, I wrote:  "The courts will likely end up curtailing the tally prematurely. If that does not deliver the victory Trump wants, expect him to declare massive voter fraud and call (implicitly if not explicitly) for an armed insurrection ('will no one rid me of this turbulent ex-vice president?') to prevent him being evicted from the the White House. Expect more well armed thugs to take to the streets." I was wrong about the courts which is both encouraging and a little surprising. And I didn't expect his ire to be directed at his own sitting VP rather than the office's previous occupant.  I also wrote: "If America makes it through the next two months without politically motivated bloodshed that will be a miracle". I was off by 6 days; and sadly, we did not get that miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment