Thursday, July 29, 2021

Dusty Hill

Yesterday music lost Dusty Hill, ZZ-Top's bass player.  I wasn't a huge ZZ-Top fan, that is until I want to see them play. My wife, thinking I was a fan, bought the tickets and it was a bit of a surprise to both of us when we arrived - I think it was at Shoreline - and I found out who was playing and she found out I didn't like the band as much as she thought I did.

But anyway, we settled in and before very long I was hooked. Just three guys, a great sound and a show. What a show! From the furry guitars, the huge chrome mic stands, the lighting. 15 years on I can't put my finger on why I was so captivated, but I remember telling my musician friends afterwards what an impression the band had made. I only listen to them occasionally these days, but I still remember how in awe I was of the show they put on. RIP Dusty Hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment