Wednesday, October 7, 2020

So who won?

Clearly I'm biased; but I have to say Harris on point (no knockouts). 

One striking aspect of the debate was the optic of an old white man interrupting and talking over two women, (one a women of color). 

I suspect Harris saw that coming and indeed welcomed Pence's interruptions as it created that optic, one that solidifies the Biden-Harris lead among suburban women voters. It probably took a great deal of self restraint, but I think was worth it.

Harris, when being interrupted by Pence, said "I'm speaking"; but she might also have added, "please don't interrupt; it's extremely rude". But hey, she did enough to make her point. 

That's what puts her in a different league from Pence and Trump; so much more strategic. And it's why we need her not only as VP but at the top of the ticket in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment